Saturday, January 28, 2017
STUDENT POSTER SESSION
Congratulations to the following Student Poster Session Winners!
- Post-Doc Category: Khalid Alamoud from Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine.
- Pre-Doc Category: Molly Anne Kalish from University of New England College of Dental Medicine.
- Hygiene Category: Christen Cavanaugh and Tiana Thomas from University of New England Westbrook College of Health Professions, Dental Hygiene Program
EIGHTH ANNUAL AMERICAN STUDENT DENTAL ASSOCIATION DISTRICT 1 DEBATE
4:30 - 6:30 PM
On Saturday, January 28th students from the five New England dental schools gathered for a friendly round of competition at the American Student Dental Association (ASDA) District 1 Annual Debate at the BCEC. After 90 minutes of arguing pertinent policy and ethical issues, Tufts University contestants were crowned winners for 2017! They received a trophy from ADA President-Elect, Dr. Joseph Crowley.Schools represented in ASDA District 1 include:
- Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine
- Harvard University School of Dental Medicine
- Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine
- University of New England College of Dental Medicine
- Pre-Dental Team
The Annual Yankee Student Reception was held at the BCEC immediately following the debate featuring a DJ, assorted appetizers, buffet items, and beverages.
FREE CE COURSES FOR STUDENTSIf you are a predoctoral or postdoctoral student, you can attend one of the tuition courses below at no charge. You must be registered for Yankee and have a valid student ID.
The Art and Science of Buffering Anesthesia: Defining the Future
615SL 8:00 - 11:00 am
Mic Falkel, DDS Page 75
Esthetic Implant Dentistry: A Prescription for Success
616SL 8:00 - 11:00 am
Frank Higginbottom, DDS Page 75
Simplify Reimbursement with More New Codes? Who Are You Kidding?
654SL 1:00 - 4:00 pm
Tom Limoli Page 81