- Thursday 1/25/2018
- Time: 1:00 - 5:00 pm
- Course Code: 193TL
- Cost: $25
- Credits: 4 CE Hours
The Complete Digital Design Flow in Implant Dentistry
Sonia Leziy, DDS is a clinical professor and sessional lecturer at the University of British Columbia and member of several editorial boards. She also maintains a private practice in Vancouver, Canada with fellow specialists.
Brahm Miller, DDS is a clinical professor and sessional lecturer at the University of British Columbia and member of several editorial boards including the International Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry and the Journal of Esthetic and Restorative Dentistry.
Prosthetic concepts that will be explained include post- surgical implant provisionalization, digital scanning, and digital and analog anatomic abutment design. Restorative material selection for esthetics and long-term stability will be reviewed
- Understand the overall digital format in implant dentistry
- Recognize limitations of soft- and hard-tissue enhancement procedures
- Discuss the risks and benefits of immediate implant placement and customized healing abutments to guide tissue form
- Compare conventional impressions versus optical scanning for digital impressions
- Understand the strengths and limitations of today's product options